|Keys to My Heart Flake|
Pattern Stitch Guide:
Long Treble (ltr): yo 6 times, draw up a loop in indicated st. (yo and draw through 2 loops on hook) 7 times.
4 double crochet together (4 dc tog): *yo, draw up a loop in bottom 2 loops of hdc, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook* (yo,draw up a loop in bottom of next dc, yo draw through 2 loops on hook) twice. repeat from * to * yo draw through all 5 loops on hook.
3 double crochet together (3 dc tog): yo. draw up a loop in last 4dctog, yo and pull through 2 loops on hook, yo over and draw up a loop in next dc, yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. yo and draw up a loop in next 4dctog, yo and draw through all 4 loops on hook.
red flake purple flake
Size 20 DMC cebelia size 10 crochet thread
# 14 steel hook #11 steel hook
use whatever you want.
- Make a magic ring. Ch 9 (counts as ltr and ch 3), (ltr in magic ring, ch 3) 10 more times. Join with sl st in 6th ch of beginning ch 9. Pull magic ring closed.
- * sl st into ch 3 sp, on wrong side of ch 3 sp hdc,dc,dc,hdc,sl st. (You may have to slide stitches around ch 3 sp w/ your fingers). Sl st in ltr (helps tack stiches to wrong side).* Repeat from * to * 5 times. Join w/ sl st in ltr.
- Ch 7 (counts as dc and chain 4), *4dctog (see pattern guide), dc in ltr (not in sl st on top), 4 dctog, ch 4, dc in next ltr, ch 4* repeat fm * to * 5 more times. Join w/ sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch 7.
- Ch 14 (counts as dc and ch 10), * 3dctog (see pattern guide), ch 7, dc in dc, ch 7, * repeat from *to* 5 times. Join w/ sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch 10.
- Ch 14 (counts as tr and ch 10), ltr ( yo 5 times, not 6 throughout round) in next 3dctog, *[ ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch. Ch 3, sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch. Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook, ch 2 sc in next ch of ch 5, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch. Ch 2, sl st in top of dc, sl st down back side of key (I did 7 sl st, but you should do whatever looks even to keep it from bunching). sl st in 2 remaining chs from ch 7, sl st in top of ltr]. Ch 10, tr in next dc, ch 10, ltr (yo 5 times) in next 3dctog.* Repeat from * to * 5 times. repeat from [ to ] once. Ch 10, sl st in 4th ch of beginning ch 14. End off and weave in ends.
When pinning out your snowflake to stiffen it, you may pin it a little different, if you prefer. Like Thus: